28.7.09

17 Weeks Down

Today I had a doctors appointment. I was really nervous for some reason. But no fear, the babies heartbeat sounded great. However, my conditon wasn't the best. I had high blood pressure and there was some protein in my urine. The doctor seemed very concerned, which, I guess is good, but it made me more nervous. So I have to collect my pee for a 24 hour period and then take it into the lab tomorrow. Charlee is holding the jug that I am to keep in the fridge with my pee in it. Yuck!! (Don't worry, there is nothing in it yet.)I am worried. I read up on high blood pressure during pregnancy also known as preeclampsia and it sounds scary. I am hoping that I do not develop that. I am not sure if I will get a call about the results or what, but so far my next appointment with my doctor will be on August 25th.
I do go in on Monday, August 3rd for an ultra sound to make sure things are fine and to find out what we are having. I am soooooo excited to find out!!!


1 comment:

Paige Moore said...

Of all the pee-saving jugs I've seen in my life, that's one of the nicest ones! At least they didn't make it see-through. No matter what happens, you'll be fine. One of the glories of modern medicine is that you know everything that's happening. That's one of the downfalls too...