5.8.10

Charlee's Room

When we moved into this duplex, I loved everything except for Charlees room. It had this UGLY wall paper and gross blue trim. Now, some might like it and think it is fine, but that is not me, I HATE it. When we moved in the landlords asked us if we wanted them to redo the room. I told them no. Mostly because I didn't want to bother them with that and it was just going to be Charlees room. Well one day last fall, while pregnant with Tommy, I was chatting on the phone with my friend. I was pacing around in Charlees room when I noticed that some of the wall paper was coming away from the wall. So I pulled it and away came a long strip of the border. To late to turn back now, so I kept going. We figured we would just paint it. Lynn wasn't too happy, but oh well, what's done was done. Here are the before pictures:The landlord called this "neutral" wallpaper.
I think it is pretty girlie!! And UGLY.
The paint on the trim was really weird.
It was kind of rubbery.


We also painted this dresser (it was my moms when she was a kid) and
the red book shelf. The book shelf was also
put downstairs to make room for the crib.



Charlee's little bed. She slept in the room like this for a long time.
We didn't paint it until May.



Wallpaper is a pain in the Patooty!!! I don't know what would posses
anyone to put it up. It took a while to get it off but I got everylast dot of wall paper
off that wall. We wanted to do a really good job since our landlords didn't know
we were doing this in the first place.
They actually still don't know. I know that they won't be mad.
We saved tham a lot of work.
I haven't taken pictures yet of the redone room but I will soon.
I love their room now and can't wait to own a house of my own
so that I can do more stuff like this!
Hopefully I won't have to take any wall paper down!!!




No comments: