30.6.09

13 Weeks Down

Hooray!!
Today I had a doctors appointment to check on the baby. Charlee came with me, since all they do is use a little doppler thingy on your stomach to hear the heartbeat. Charlee was excited to hear the babys heart. So we get there and I am weighed (I have lost 4 pounds since my last vist) and peed on a stick thing and my blood pressure is taken and everything is fine. Then it is time to hear the heartbeat. I lay on the table and he puts the doppler on my stomach and moves it around. Nothing. He couldn't hear the heartbeat. So he just said that he was having a hard time finding the baby and that he was going to do an ultra sound to check the baby. So while I am in the ultrasound room I get a little teary. I fear that the worst has happened. As soon as the doctor starts the ultra sound he says everything looks good. It took me a little to see the baby but there it was. I could see the head and arms and the little heartbeat and the baby was moving around a lot. It was so cool to see!! Charlee was excited and said it looked like a baby Dolphine. I was so relieved!! My next appointment is in 4 weeks. I can't wait until they do the ultra sound so I know what I am having.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yea!!!

Edwards Family said...

So excited for you. And thankful a heart beat was found. Bear Lake was a blast and the 4 wheeler trails were awesome. Some of them scared me thou.