25.6.09

Charlee's Party at Kirk's House

On June 20th we had a party for Charlee in Twin Falls at Kirks house. It was a lot of fun and it turned out nicely. The day started out kind of yucky but when we started the party the sun came out. When we started to put things away the thunder rolled in and there were a few sprinkles. I was happy everyone was able to come!! I really did not take that many pictures so I am regreting that but I know that Kirk and Charisse took some so it will be fine.
These are the favors that I made. The wand in the backgraound I made for Charlee and Miriam for her birthday (since I only had two). I made the floral crowns for the girls. The goodie bags for the kids I just stamped their names (I used the Delightful stamp set from Close to my Heart) on a brown lunch bag, filled it with goodies and stuck a paper shroom to the front (I just free hand cut the shrooms). Then I made birdhouses from paper and filled with Hershey Kisses for the adults to take home. I believe everyone should get goodies from the party.
Here is Chars Mushroom cake. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would. It was my own design and the proto-type I made for her birthday did not turn out as well. But I learned and that is what counts, right?

Kirks' stepsons LOVE snakes and reptiles, so they have many as pets. They even breed them!! So while we were waiting to start the party Kelsey got out some of the snakes for people to hold. Lynn is DEATHLY afraid of snakes, but for some reason he decided to hold one. He was still kinda scared, but he did it. Charlee even touched it, and she is afraid of most living things, (ants really fread her out) but she is getting better. I held this snake as well and it was my first time holding a snake. It was really cold feeling but I didn't mind it. Spiders are my fear!!!



It was a great day and it is fun to have both families together (Lynns and mine). However, since we hyped up this party to Charlee, she keeps asking when her next party is! It is hard to explain to a 3 year old that it won't be for another year!!



1 comment:

Katie said...

Sooo stinkin cute, Shauna! I hadn't pictured it to be as squatty as it is so now that I see it, I understand how you did it! LOL I love the colors too...reminds me of the 70s! Great job!